Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sprucing up a ceiling fan with red washi tape stripes

So my craft room is slowly coming together, in all its red and white glory. One of the things that has been bugging me is the ceiling fan.
Now I HATE ceiling fans- except when it is crazy hot out, even then, they kind of creep me out- I've always had this fear they were going to fall on me.
Anyways, I have a ceiling fan in pretty much every room upstairs, so I decided to spruce it up with some stripes. I read somewhere that an easy way to do this was Washi tape, so I thought- "what the heck, I'll give it a shot."
 So, I went to town and added a few stripes to the tips of the fan.





I reccommend to dust the darn thing ahead of time so
a) you don't get dust all in your eyes when you are putting the tape on and
b) the tape sticks more.

So, it was a simple spruce up, but I'm happy to say it turned out just the way I wanted.
Cute, right?



Anyways, hope this gives ya'll the inspiration to spruce up your fans too.
-M

1 comment:

  1. This one's very easy and I'm tempted to try it! I've also started to hate ceiling fans, as ours is a decade old. I've repainted it a couple times already and the layers of paint somehow affected its speed. I should chip it off first before putting on the washi tape. Thanks for this brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!