Thursday, December 23, 2010

Surprises and Jetplanes...

So today I bring you another edition of "cards for co-workers." This one to be honest turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I got this idea, and blam! It totally worked. The exterior of the card I still am on the fence with if I should add anything else to it, but the inside is totally perfect I think.


So the story behind this card is a co-worker of mine wants to surprise his wife with a trip to San Francisco for Christmas (I think its for Christmas, since he needs it by tomorrow). Anyways, since he hasn't booked the flight yet, and since they have to check when they want to go and yada yada, he wanted to give her a card that basically is like, "I'm taking you there, just tell me when." So I thought, hey, why not put fake mini airline tickets inside? I did a quick google search and came across this totally awesome site where you can create fake tickets with whatever airline you want, and type in the name, destination, time, date, and presto! Instantly personalized coolness. If you want to make some for yourself, go here: http://omatic.musicairport.com/
I think it is a marvelous idea for telling someone you're taking them on a trip. Anyways, below is the inside of the card.


So I knew I had a travel chipboard set from My Little Yellow Bicycle, and sure enough, they worked nicely- the little USA and the airplane circle that says "fly" and the dotted circle on the inside are from them. I used two maroon pearls and some string to make like a "fly from here to there" kinda pin-dot thing. I think it turned out way cute.
So what do ya'll thing? I know the colors are not really Christmasy, but I wanted it to look more classy and to match the photo of San Francisco that my co-worker previously picked out to incorporate.

Anyways, Christmas is almost here! Any fun traditions out there for ya'll?
My hubs and I are gift wrapping at the local mall, with the donations going to the Bingo Foundation- an area cat shelter. We'll also be accompanied by a fellow co-worker and friend who got one of her cats from them. Gift wrapping at the mall for others on Christmas Eve has become a tradition for me around the holidays- it started with  my mom and I back when I was in Girl Scouts, and I've tried to keep the tradition alive ever since. So fun!
Anyways, happy holidays everyone!
-M

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I made my boarding passes yesterday! So fun! I am surprising my boyfriend with a joint birthday trip to Vegas in August! :) Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!