It's been a while since I popped by the blog-o here (sorry about that)- I've been swamped with DIY projects at home (which I'll share eventually), work and actually trying to work-out (exercise)- gasp! With that in mind, here are some favorites of mine, especially the 3 apps I use on my 3 times a week (for now) runs.
1. Map My Run App: I love this app! It uses the GPS on my phone to show where I've run, my pace, calories burned, milage, etc. I also love how versatile it is- especially that I can close it after I start my run, and not have to open it back up till I finish my run. perfect!
2. Rock My Run App: This app gives some great music to run to- you can pick style of music, length, or if you're a more seasoned exerciser- the beats to keep your pace. So far, it has kept me rocking as I run. lol.
3. Uno's Rattlesnake Pasta: Last week we went to Uno's after seeing the newest Captain America movie with friends, and I ordered this pasta dish. It was right up my ally- just enough spice to fill my love of spicy dishes, as well as plentiful enough that I had leftovers for lunch the next day.
4. 5K Runner App: This app (aka. Couch-to-5k) has been getting me back into the swing of running after not really exercising at all for a while. I have been going slightly further than it suggests, but overall it is good coach to have along your running. My only beef with this app is if you accidentally close it, it only gives you notifications on the screen (but no sound notifications- which when you're running and jamming to music, you're not looking at your phone) and then you re-open it after closing it- it restarts the program from the beginning. But overall, its a good starting point for new runners.
5. Snack Factory's Pretzel Crisps: My mom got me hooked on these pretzel crisps. I personally LOVE the multigrain, but since my hubs is allergic to garlic (I know, crazy!) the original is our best bet in our house. They are so addicting but also great with cheese or hummus. I suggest it to anyone (I just picked up a few bags yesterday at Wal-mart for $2 each!)
I hope your weekend is a fun one- I personally hope the weather is nice, as I'm loving spending time outside!