Friday, May 30, 2014

Favorites Friday: Ready for Summer

Happy Friday everyone! It is starting to feel like summer over here and I'm loving many things that help me get in the summer mood- games, wine, movies, un-healthy food and tiki torches to keep the buggies away. Enjoy!


1. Confectioner's Angel Cake Sweet Chardonnay wine: A friend of mine last weekend had a wine tasting Memorial Day party and she picked this bottle up, just for me, she said. She knew I adored sweet wines, so this was right up my ally. I LOVED it. So good! I recommend it to anyone who likes Moscato wines or sweet wines in general. Lovely!

2. Zombie Dice: Another friend had a get together last weekend for his birthday, just playing various board, card, and dice games. This was one of them. So simple to learn and play, it quickly has become a favorite. I had played it once before, but for some reason, I enjoyed it much more this time around. So easy to learn and lots of fun!

3. X-Men: Days of Future Past: Saw this on the Friday of opening weekend- and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had the best of both worlds: X-men in the future AND the past. I really enjoyed Quicksilver (before the movie, I would of laughed at myself for saying it- as I thought his getup was a little lame), but he had the absolute best scenes. He totally stole the movie. Many thumbs up X-men! I'm looking forward to future ones.

4. Little Caesar's Crazy Bread: When I lived in Florida many moons ago (lived there from birth to age 12) I used to beg my parents to get Little Caesar's- primarily for the crazy bread. When I found out that a branch was opening up in my neighborhood, I jumped at the chance to resurrect my childhood favorite. Opening weekend of the branch, I ordered a batch of crazy bread, 2 hot-and-ready pizzas and a 2-liter of diet soda. The pizza was eh, but the crazy bread was just as good as I remembered. Next time I might just order the crazy bread, and forget the pizza. haha

5. Kauai Bamboo Tiki Torches: Since we re-did our backyard, tiki torches have become my obsession. I don't know what it is, but they just do the trick to add lighting outdoors, keep some bugs away, and set the fun mood of our backyard. I'm so ready for the summer to get into full swing, so we can enjoy our backyard to the fullest!

I hope you are having a great Friday! I have soooo much planned this weekend, so I'm looking forward to having a fun weekend filled with the summer sun.
Have a great day!
-M

1 comment:

  1. I have a Crazy Bread friend. One of us will just say, "I'm feeling a little crazy today" and that's the signal. We usually only get the bread. Forget the pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!