Happy Friday everyone. I hope you all are having a wonderful day. I personally am a little sad that it is raining outside (I wanted to go for a walk) but I'm excited for a fun weekend of outdoor games and bbq-ing that we have planned.Here are some recent favorites of mine that I wanted to share with you.
1. Young Justice: A friend suggested this to my hubs and I. We found the first season on Netflix- marathon watched all the episodes and are moving on to season 2, which we had to be a little more creative to track down the episodes. ;P For a show that was on the Cartoon Network and meant for kids/teens- it has some great writing, comedy and animation. I kind of love Superboy in this- even if he is a little emo.
2. After Effects CC: I had started using AE when I was in college, when working on my minor in animation. It was always a program that had its quirks but I liked how well it integrated with Photoshop. This version is no different. They've certainly made some upgrades to AE in the past few years, and I welcome it with open arms. Animating layers is so much easier with programs like After Effects.
3. Spicy Tuna Sushi Rolls: I have started to become a fan of sushi rolls since moving to a house that has a sushi place down the street a few blocks. Hubs and I try to make it a habit to try a new roll once in a while, but the spicy tuna roll will, and has always, been my favorite, since I've grown to love the taste of sushi (which has only really been in the past few years).
4. Plasti-Dip Spray: When working to try and revamp my crown for my Aurora costume to be chrome looking, I found a tutorial on Cosplay that used this stuff to make fun-foam spray-paintable. It is weird stuff- gives a rubber/plastic-y layer on whatever you paint it with. But it served its purpose well. It makes the item a little stiffer- but not extremely- I could still bend the necklace to a shape I wanted (so it still has some of the flexible fun foam underneath).
I coated the yellow fun foam crown I made and necklace with a few layers of slightly watered down modge-podge. After it was dry, I covered it with the Plasti-dip (a few coats). Then once it was dry after that- I spray painted the chrome gold. Tada!
5. Aquafina Flavor Splash: While killing some time between rehearsal I stopped by the 7-11 to get a snack and beverage- I saw a 2 for 1 deal with these drinks. I like water with a little flavor, so this was right up my ally- gotta love zero calories drinks. It has a good flavor, for flavored water. haha. ;)
So I hope your weekend is a blast and filled with fun activities. What do you have planned for the weekend? I'd love to hear what ya'll are doing these days!
Have a great Friday!