Friday, November 3, 2017

Beat Bugs Halloween DIY costume- Crick and Kumi

So my son is obsessed with "Beat Bugs" on Netflix. So for Halloween I made him a Crick costume (and me a Kumi costume, which I sadly only got to wear once, but he wore his multiple times).

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Crick Costume

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume


Side note- if you've never watched "Beat Bugs" your kids will love it. It's a staple here in our house.


Here's how I made his Crick costume:

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Crick Costume
 First I made his Crick hat. Which is from a felt "aviator" hat I found, that I attached eyes, felt, and his antennas.


Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Crick Costume
 Then I worked on his belt- I made this C for Crick buckle from a wood circle, wood c, and a pin back.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Crick Costume
 Then I cut out felt and made the pockets for his belt.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Crick Costume
 Here's the full costume- with the felt arm bands. Only thing missing was his green arms- which he refused to wear. But he did wear the green legs for the one party. Finished the outfit with a gray stripe top, yellow shorts, and yellow boots.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Crick Costume
 The green leggings didn't last long at the other party we went to- as it was HOT outside.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Crick Costume
But he had fun and loved his hat!


And here's how I made my Kumi costume: 

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume
I picked up a cheap pair of headphones and painted them, and put the felt red circle and K on them for her headphones.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume
 Then I took a pink wig and painted her purple stripes. Sadly the wig overall was a bit lighter then I thought, and really her hair is much darker pink/purple, but I was in a bind, so it worked for its purpose.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume
I found a puffy vest at the Goodwill so I spray painted it red.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume
 Also spray painted a old pair of boots I had. Honestly- I wouldn't suggest spray painting that kind of fabric- it just sucked up the paint.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume
 I also have a purple dress and ladybug backpack (though you can't see the backpack here).

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume
 Also had purple gloves.

Madcap Frenzy- Beat Bugs Kumi Costume
 I was ready to rock- Kumi style!


Have you ever been a character from a tv show for halloween as a kid (or adult?)
Happy Halloween!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!