Sunday, November 21, 2010

Placecards and Picture cards

So I've been slacking in the craft department lately. I know, life happens...but that is no excuse. Anyways, this year for Thanksgiving we are going to have my parents come to visit us, and since my in-laws can't make it down, its just the 4 of us for the big turkey day.
I decided to make new placecards using this adorable placecard set from Papertrey Ink (my mom got it for me as a early Thanksgiving present, along with some other equally nifty and cute Thanksgiving decor).
Anyways, here are the placecards. Once again, I apologize for the bad quality- still using the camera on my phone while I try to frankenstein my camera back to life. BLah!



Simple I know, and I tried to go all Kristina Werner on ya'll, but alas, my faux stitching looks just that. FAKE. I blame me not having a steady hand. Eh...they'll do.
I also started working on my November cards for my card club, which I have been struggling with. This month's theme is a christmas card with your picture and non-traditional Christmas colors.
Well here is my demo of the card (I plan to make the actual cards much more blue colors, but I thought I'd use up some scraps to test the design out with the plastic).
I think it will work, so I just gotta get the vellum or plastic and the photos developed and I"m set.
Anyways, I"ll post the final product later once I get all the proper stuff together, but imagine if you will that this card is lots of blues and snowflakes, and a lot cleaner lines. lol




And if you where wondering, yes that's me. That was taken during our "Snow-pocalypse" last winter. lol

Have a great day all and enjoy the weekend!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!