Sunday, October 19, 2008

Re-designing stuff

So today I decided to re-design the blog. The old setup just was not what I really had in mind. I still am trying to figure out the basics of html, so right now I'm not going to attempt to change the background texture, partially because I kind of like it, even if it is a template. 
I did decide to make a new blog header. My husband asked me a few days ago if I could make his blog (on the video game World of Warcraft) a new header eventually, once he gets pictures of all his characters together, so it got me thinking about my header. My old header was kind of boring and highlighted a few of my actual designs from my old college portfolio. Since more of this blog is the crafty side of my hobbies and less of my actual portfolio work (though I will put some of that in here too sometimes) I wanted to make it more unique.
A while back when the scrapbook shop near where I used to live had classes on different techniques and such, I met a wonderful woman who helped me get ideas about my wedding (this is before I even had an idea what to design my invitations like). She helped me get through all the majors as well as make my "Bridal Bible," as my husband called it all the time through our wedding planning. 
(The Bridal Bible)

(The Bridal Bible is a bit overloaded. 
Thankfully I don't have to add anything else to it anymore!)

Anyways, after some of those classes got done, she mentioned that she would be doing a digital scrapbooking class. All excited, I jumped at the chance to do digital scrapbooking since me being a graphic designer and also working in Photoshop everyday for my job. Sadly however, the class was canned due to the scrapbook shop being sold, bought, re-located and things got all re-done. Luckily I got some great stuff she sent me to try it out on my own before that happened. Hopefully they will bring it back and I can make it to the classes at the new place. Due to the wedding, I've been keeping it all on the back burner, but decided to whip the materials out and try them when making my new header. And Tada! New header. See the old vs the new header below (well and the new header is up top as well).

(old header)


(new header)

It was fun, and I can't wait to try my hand at more digital scrapbooking stuff. :)
Happy craftying!
:)
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!