Friday, January 30, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
This has been something I have seen on MANY blogs, so I decided to do it myself.
So, here's the deal... you answer the following 12 questions about yourself
(my answers are in parentheses after each question):
1. What is your first name? (morgaine)
2. What is your favorite food? (pizza)
3. What high school did you attend? (northwestern lehigh high school)
4. What is your favorite color? (red)
5. Who is your celebrity crush? (johnny depp)
6. Favorite drink? (Dole’s orange mango juice)
7. Dream vacation? (ireland)
8. Favorite dessert? (brownies)
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? (graphic designer)
10. What do you love most in life? (creating something pretty from something ugly)
11. One word to describe you? (loving)
12. Your Flickr name? (moblondeart)
Wanna play?: Type your answer to each of the above questions into Flickr's search. Using only the images that appear on the first page, choose your favorite and copy and paste each of the URL’s into the Mosaic Maker (3 columns, 4 rows)
Try it yourself and have fun! Enjoy!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
- drank more water. I am allowing myself 1 beverage a day other than water (be it diet sprite- the only soda that doesn't give me heartburn and is zero calories, though diet sodas make you more hungry, so you have to be careful with them.) I had a glass of Mango-Orange juice with my breakfast, so I am set for the day on non-water beverages. Also drinking more water makes me less hungry.
- smaller portions. I have this tendency to eat large meals and then feel so full afterwards that I don't want to do anything but lounge around. Eatting smaller portions and eatting slower has helped me a lot. I also put things on plates and bowls. ie. I don't sit down with a whole bag of chips, if I was to eat chips, I put them in a bowl or on a plate and only allow myself to eat that.
- not going out to eat. The only "out to eat" this week I've done is gone to wawa for soup and salad because I forgot to make a lunch for the day, but all week we havn't been out to lunch. No fast food either! I've been packing the lunches baby!
- giving up caffeine and candy. I LOVE sweet things. I also LOVE caffeinated beverages. I have found out over the past month that if I don't drink caffeinated beverages I don't get heartburn. I also really don't need all the sugar. I"m trying, we'll see how I handle Valentine's day time with avoiding sweets and chocolate. :)
- calorie counting. Ok, so I technically am not on a diet. I hate the word DIET. I could never fully give up carbs and I really hate the idea of "dieting." My husband swears that when he had to loose weight for wrestling, it was all in the math of the calories. So I've been doing just that. Counting every calorie I consume and jot down what I'm eatting in my food log. It makes you realize just how bad certain things are for you. It also makes you sad that if you had a certain food or drink item, there just went a large percentage of my daily calories. It isn't the most 100% nutitious way, but its helping me get there.
Anyways, below is the other card I made today besides my 3 color inspirations. I used the same stamps as the one in the color inspiration, but I like how this card turned out in the long run. I find it hard to make 5 colors work. I'd prefer only a few. This one is more of green, tan/white, and brown. Enjoy!
Let the good times roll- in green!
~ SUPPLIES for this CARD ~
- White and Olive paper by Colorbok
- Brown and green paisley paper by K & Company from their Hannah 6x6 paper pad
- lace from Making Memories
- brown and tan ribbon from?
- buttons from Making Memories
- crocheted white and green flower by Laundry Line
- Bracket frame from the "retro spring" stamp set by pink paislee, in StaysOn Timber brown ink
- "let the good times roll" stamp by Studio G, in StaysOn Timber brown ink
- "Let the good times roll" stamp by Studio G, in Stays On Timber Brown ink
- Brown paper from the Sultoy paper pad by basic grey
- Blue paisley paper torn from wedding greeting card by carlton cards
- prima flowers
- bracket frame from "Retro Spring" stamp set by Pink Paislee, in Versa Color's sky blue ink
- Dot orange ribbon from ?
- Olive paper by ColorBok
- Orange buttons by Making Memories
- Flower stamp from Pink Paislee "Retro Spring" stamp set, in Brilliance sky blue ink
- "Just for You" stamp from ?- bought at the Cropping Station, in Stays On Timber brown ink
- Brown paper by Basic Grey
- Blue floral paper from an wedding greeting card (torn from) by Carlton cards
- Green jewel by K & Company
- Dot ribbon by ?
- Olive and White paper by ColorBok
- "Party Time" stamp by Studio G
- Prima Flowers
- Making Memories brown button
- Fiskars scalloped punch
- Dot ribbon by ?
- Brown, Olive and Orange paper by ColorBok
- Scalloped White paper by ?