Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tasty and Sweet Raspberry Walnut Salad with Feta and Cranberries

So today I'm going to share with you all my go-to salad. This salad is my FAVORITE- and probably the only salad that I look forward to eating when I know I have the ingredient to make it.





It all started when I was at a meeting to help plan the anniversary gala for the theater company I am on the board for. The hostess of the meeting decided to host a dinner-party style gathering, and made the most amazing salad I had ever tasted. I begged her to share with me the dressing. She made a similar salad to this, but with blue cheese and almonds mixed in. I thought to myself- how can I make a similar salad, but keep it in my Weight Watchers points plus, aka. giving me a low point value meal? This is the result:


Tasty and Sweet Raspberry Walnut Salad
with Feta and Cranberries


Ingredients:
  • Spring greens lettuce (with baby spinach leaves)
  • 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries (mine are sweetened, hence why they are a point value, instead of freebie)
  • 1 tablespoon of feta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons of Ken's Light Options Raspberry Walnut Dressing

Now if you want to change it up, try with blue cheese, instead of feta cheese. You can also add walnuts or almonds to the mix, and raspberries instead of cranberries (I love cranberries, hence why I like them in my salad instead of actual raspberries to match the dressing).

It is super simple to put together, and the above portions are roughly 4 points plus. If you use 100% dried cranberries (with no sweetener added to them) I believe it should only be a 3 points plus salad!

Tasty AND Sweet- both in taste and on your waistline.
Enjoy! You won't regret it!
-M

1 comment:

  1. There is a resturant in Philly called the Plough and the Stars that my friend used to waitress at and they make a salad REALLY similar to this. It is hands down my favorite salad, followed by the Santa Fe Salad at the Cheese Cake Factory.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!