Friday, June 14, 2013

Favorites Friday: Diners, Cupcakes and Games, oh My!

Welcome to another fabulous Favorites Friday! Here are some of my favorites this week!



1. Denny's $2-$4-$6-$8 Value Menu: This is an awesome idea for a diner to have. The hubs and I were starving after a late night at a friend's house, so we stopped at Denny's for some late-night diner food. Their value menu did just the trick, and didn't break the bank. We're trying to stick to a budget and not go out to eat more than once a week, so this certainly was a pleasant meal and a pleasant surprise when you get the bill.

2. Trident Strawberry Twist Gum: Once in a blue moon I really want gum to help curb my appetite and make my mouth feel less... icky ... and this certainly was great for that. haha

3. Food Network's Cupcake Wars: I came across this show on the Food Network's app for my iPad. It has kind of become my go-to food show right now. It's too cute (yay cupcakes!) and I just love the themes they have them do. For someone who doesn't have cable, it stinks I can't watch more on their app, but I guess that's what they want- for us cable-less people to regret that we don't have cable anymore.

4. Ticket to Ride iPad/iPhone app: Speaking of my iPad, I am happy about this game app. I have it for my iPhone but also play it on the iPad. I found out about the original board game after watching Wil Wheaton's Tabletop show play it. I then found there was an app for it, and have been hooked ever since. So fun!

5. Star Trek Deck Building Card Game: My hubs and I were at a friend's house (the same friends house we headed to Denny's after leaving) and they taught us how to play this fun card game. For those who've played Magic: The Gathering, Warlord (Which I might add my hubs and I played via candlelight during Hurricane Sandy, lol), Pokemon, etc. this game is quite fun. Once you figure out the rules, it is fun to blow up ships, take over crew members and battle fellow players. Here's a mid-game pic from the game we played:


Enjoy the weekend! I'm going to a concert with my Mom tomorrow after rehearsal for "The Odd Couple" and "Grease." (This is why I've never done two shows rehearsing at the same time- so stressful, but luckily it is only a few weeks of overlap).


Anyway peeps, have a great Friday all! 
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!