Thursday, June 20, 2013

DIY framed Cork Tray Update

Hey gang,
A while ago I picked up a tray at a yard sale that had an old glass bottom, overtop of an old cross-stitch. I decided I wanted to turn it into a cork tray!

First I spray painted it silver as I wanted it to semi match my silver and black bar cart (while painting some other things).



I begged friends to save their corks (one friend has a Wine Tasting Party every year, so she was the prime contributor to the tray).
Then I laid out how I wanted the cork to lay in the tray. I then went row by row and hot glued them down.



The newer corks (that aren't actually make of cork, but something else) were the biggest pain, as they didn't really stick well- so if you can stick to the more traditional corks, they work best.

It is all complete and looking fab! (the paint is a little chipped on the one side, but I think that gives it character. haha
Enjoy!
-M

3 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I'll have to start drinking more wine so I can make this. LOL! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! And what a great idea to use a frame, that's so smart! In case you didn't see it earlier, I featured this on my blog today! I'm stopping by to pin, and to let you know you can grab a Featured button if you don't already have one! http://practicallyfunctional.net/2013/07/12-creative-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cork tray! I need to speak to a bartender friend or two to save some corks for me! I also wanted to let you know that I've featured you at this week's Pinteresting Party! Thank you for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!