Tuesday, June 18, 2013

DIY Giant Dry Erase Command Board

Hey gang. Sorry that this DIY hasn't gone up sooner, I've kind of been sitting on these pictures for a little less than a month. I've been super busy with practice for shows, a visit from my mom, and lots of other stuff that takes over my blogging time.

Anyways, finally here is my DIY Giant Dry Erase Command Board!



Eventually I might make a proper frame for it, but for now, it gets the job done. It covers up our fuse box, so it had to be pretty large. We had rented a friend's house before we purchased our home and he had a giant dry erase bulletin board that covered up his fuse box that was also in the kitchen. So I got the idea to do something similar, but I wanted a command center type board.

First, we purchased a large piece of dry erase board from Home Depot. Then I mapped out roughly how large I wanted things (in dry erase marker).


I cut everything out on my Cricut Expression and adhered it with my Xryon adhesive.



I dressed it up with some paper flowers and jewels.


Lastly, we attached a little dollar store bucket to a picture frame to cover up an old security box that was also on the wall in order to hold the markers.


All in all, it got the job done and has served us well thus far in keeping tabs on our schedule, menu planning, grocery list and notes to each other.

Enjoy!
-M

1 comment:

  1. I do think dry erase boards are highly underutilized! Everyone is on that chalkboard craze, I still love dry erase boards! This is a really good way of keeping everything together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!