Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Simple Purple Bathroom Sink Skirt

Happy Wednesday everyone! 
Today I am sharing with you a very simple update I did to my downstairs powder room sink.


Look at all the purple! haha (I love it, by the way!)


So I had this UGLY builder-grade sink and cabinet in that bathroom. (all the sinks in the bathrooms of our house look like this, and I hate them ALL!) What you don't see (on the inside of the cabinet) is that it still has a blue sticky bottom, due to the previous owners of the home leaving cleaning supplies that exploded in the coldness of a non-heated house (the house was a short-sale and sat vacant for over a year) and I keep trying to find something to de-stick it, lol.


I didn't have the motivation to paint this and I was constantly torn on what color to paint it, along with at the moment not having the funds to replace the sink (which is the first sink I want replaced someday). So one day, when I was out shopping for other items at the Goodwill, I came across this beautiful purple sheet. I immediately knew (at only $2) it was going to become my bathroom sink skirt. (You can't get fabric at JoAnn's for that price!)



I attached it to the ugly cabinet with double-sided sticky-back velcro after I cut the sheet to size. The sheet is actually folded in half and cut (with the "cut end" on the interior wall, next to the toilet). This was a no-sew project! I probably could of sewed that one side, added pleats or something fancy like that, but I'm lazy and to be honest you couldn't really tell I didn't sew that back spot. For a quick fix, this worked great!
Someday I hope to get the energy to stencil the walls (and bling it out- I have an idea of what to do, just don't know if I have the energy to do it).
I'm happy with the outcome and the fact I don't have to look at that ugly cabinet again!


Hope this give ya'll ideas on how to simply update an ugly sink! (For those curious, yes- my "bathroom" shelf thing in the corner is actually an old DVD rack. lol!) Have a great Wednesday!
Hugs!
-M

6 comments:

  1. Wow - that adds so much! Looks great! Thanks for linking it up at the Pinterest Power Party - we'll be featuring it in this week's party! I hope you'll swing by, grab a featured button, and link up with us again!

    Happy Tuesday!
    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for featuring me! Added it to my resume/featured portion of my blog. ;)

      Delete
  2. You know, the cabinet you have doesn't look all that bad in the photo but the skirt ADDS SO MUCH STYLE....well, it looks great. LOVE the colors. Wow!
    Thanks for sharing it on Pinterest Power Party but I reallllly need to you visit my other 2 hops this week and share it, OK? Please?
    Wonderful Blog Hop #36 is live now:
    http://www.ducksnarow.com/2013/08/the-wonderful-blog-hop-36_26.html
    And the third one goes live Thursday night continuing through the weekend on Ducks 'n a Row.
    New fan, follower, etc here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the cabinet isn't too bad (the inside is the worst actually) I just didn't know what color to paint it, so the skirt was a quick fix and fun update. ;)

      Delete
  3. Morgaine, You have a seriously PURPLE bathroom - this coming from the Purple Hues lady! Your skirt looks awesome and I love the idea of stenciling your walls - if ever you have the energy to do it. We all look at things and wonder how will we find the "energy" to do it. One day it will just hit you and you start. Happy DIYing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I bought the stuff to do the stenciling, and have it all ready- and then I think of how long its going to take (and how bad I stencil) and then I just put it off to another day. lol. My goal is to finish it before Christmas (the stenciling), so we'll see how that goes.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love all!