Monday, November 30, 2009

Results of a Black Friday crop

So my mom and I decided to spend Black Friday at a Scrapbook crop over at Scraptacular.
From 10am to 10pm we cropped till we dropped...literally. Haha. I created 3 single layouts, 3 double layouts, and 1 card. My mom did a LOT more than I did, but I'm a slow scrapper. lol.
I'm holding off from showing you one of the layouts and one of the cards, since I decided I would enter them for a call at Paper Crafts magazine and at Scrapbook Trends Magazine. I've never had anything published, but I decided to try it out. How have any of you gotten things published? Any tips? Just wondering...
Anyways, I had a blast. Before I went to the crop, I sketched out some layout ideas mixed with layout sketches from others, so I wouldn't get a brain block at the crop. The ladies were awesome to hang out with, and I would gladly do another crop some other time! I wish I could have more time to do more crops. I feel I always get so much more done at them, then at home, where all the distractions are. :)
So, here is the layouts! Enjoy!

(This is from this past year's Fourth of July fun. We all went out for margarita at the shore and it was awesome! That's me on the left bottom...my chunkier time of the year. ugh)


(I still need to do my journaling. I forgot my journaling pens at home...hehe)

 (This is a Christmas party layout, from my college years. My senior year, a few friends all got together for a Christmas martini party. Fun stuff!)

(I used these hocus pocus chipboard for this. Even though they are made for halloween, white sparkle is good for winter too!)


(This if from our 1st wedding anniversary at the beach. Fun in the Sun!)

(I am in love with these foamy thickers. So cute!)

(I did this layout for my kitty, C.J. He's my other love of my life. hehe)


(The large chipboard shape I got from Oriental Trading Co. 
The little one and the gels are from the set that came with the paper. )


(This layout is for a baseball game we went to with a few friends, I think last year sometime. 
I just didn't know which way I liked it better. The above or below. What do you think?)


(Which do you think? This one or the other one?)


(Chipboard fun!)

I had a blast at this crop. I can't wait to do another. Since I don't do scrapbook pages often- my attention span gets the best of me usually, I am so happy to have gotten so many done! yay!
Now I'm off to get ready for work (night shift tonight) then tomorrow we plan to start putting all the Christmas decor together and around the house.
Have a good Monday/Cyber Monday. :)
-M

2 comments:

Leave me some comment love all!