Saturday, December 6, 2014

Simple Christmas Cards- using Stampin Up! products and leftover Paper Pumpkin items

Hey all! It's Christmas card making time in my house...


At a Stampin Up! getaway weekend back in April, I was preemptive and precut card bases, embossed them, stamped and punched ornaments and precut patterned paper to make these cards:


I honestly forgot I did this, if it wasn't for finding the "ready to go card kit" when I was re-organizing and taking all my crafting supplies into our newly created office/craft space/mini dining area. lol. All I had to do was adhear all the pieces together, stamp the sentiment and add the ribbon. Made making a bunch of these cards, soooo much easier.

I also created the card below, with a tag given to us at the October crop. I used a "banner" style card base (that I got in Michael's dollar bin area) and I think it worked out well for a simple, but non-Christmasy winter card.

After opening up my Paper Pumpkin package from this month, I started working on the cards in the package to add to my giant list of Christmas cards needed this year. After finishing the snowflake cards...


...I had the tags left. I'm not a huge tag person- most of the time I just put little slips of paper on our Xmas presents, since my hubs never realizes there are tags on them anyways, often throwing them out with the wrapping paper trash, so I only do nice tags on friend's gifts. I then came up with some Christmas card ideas to use the tags and the leftover items from the rest of the package. I also had a few other packs of those $1 card packs from Micheal's dollar bin, so I even used those up too! Check out some simple Christmas cards, used from those items (with a few items I had already, as well from Stampin Up! that I got on my getaway, similar to these cards).

I used the tag as the main part of the card. I used Washi tape behind it and at the bottom. I also used the leftover snowflakes from the set, on a honeycomb card base.

I used the inverse punched out letters from the tags to make this card's text. I did the main middle pattern with leftover washi tape. This is all done on a similar banner style card base, that came in the same pack as the card bases for the star card I showed early in this post.

I used a circle card base I also got in the Micheal's bin, with an image I had sitting around from a stamped image swap I did ages ago. I covered paper with washi tape for the mid-level and cut it out with my big circle cutter.
I also made a few more simple cards using another Micheal's card base, making them look like little Santa suits. I got inspired to do this after making a similar simplified Santa Suit treat bag from the last Stampin Up! getaway I went to. You can see all those fun projects here.


Well, I hope this inspired you to "think outside the box" of what a card kit gives you or tells you to do. I cranked out soo many cards that way! Stay tuned later in the month, when I reveal my "homemade" Christmas gifts for family members (I want to wait till I send them to my family before I reveal them to you). lol.
Have a great day!
-M

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had the patience to make homemade Christmas cards. I can get through about one and then I'm like, "Okay, I'm good."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have the patience when I'm watching a tv show or listening to music, otherwise I'd probably go crazy. lol

      Delete

Leave me some comment love all!